Monday, October 12, 2015

God just hears a melody


This video perfectly explains how I have felt this past weekend. The phrase, "I hope ya know I had a hard time," is very similar to the words I was crying to the Lord. Sometimes that's all we can say. We don't have the words to say anything else, so we just say, "This is really hard." Or, "I really need help." Or, "Please send some comfort." There's nothing else that we can say.

When we take the time to say those words, Heavenly Father is so pleased, because many of His children will simply not say anything, and struggle in silence, not asking for help, not even acknowledging Him. All He wants is to help us so that we can be happy.

In the words of the song, "Better than a Hallelujah," which says, "We pour out our miseries, God just hears a melody, beautiful the mess we are, the honest cries of breaking hearts are better than a hallelujah."

Sometimes we think that we ought not bother our Heavenly Father with our lives; but, whenever we pour our hearts out to Him, He sees the beauty in our faith and our hope. He sees the beauty our tears, whether they're silent, loud, seen, or not seen. And He will pour down blessings of comfort - if we are open to receive it. He will comfort us with people, with scriptures, with the Spirit. We simply have to look for it.

After a bit of a rough weekend, I'm grateful Heavenly Father sees the beauty in the disaster that I am and I'm grateful that He answers those prayers of heartbreak and sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment