Sunday, April 5, 2015

Go quickly

Friday marked 2 years since I got on that plane and flew to the MTC - the start of my mission. It marked 2 years since I started something that changed the rest of my life; it was the best thing I could have done for my life.

My mission means the world to me, and one of the reasons why it was so hard for me to handle it ending was because I literally was living my dream. A mission was something I had wanted to do every since I was a wee little girl and I discovered girls actually could go on missions. And, the more I learned about the Gospel, the more I yearned to proclaim it to the world. Sometimes, I yearn to put that nametag back on, and do it all over again.

The other day I was reading Matthew 28. It was quite appropriate, with Easter coming up and all. (Happy Easter, friends!) In this particular book in the Bible, this is where Christ is resurrected. When Mary and Mary go to the tomb and find it empty, there are the angels, there to proclaim the good news! As they explain to the two Marys of Christ's resurrection, they say, "And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead," (vs 7). In verse 10, Christ meets them as they run, and He says, "go tell my brethren, that they go into Galilee, and there they shall see me."

The first direction to these saints, after they understand what Christ has done, is to go and share it. The reason? So that they all can meet with Him.

Again, at the end of the chapter, verses 19-20, Christ commands, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost; Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even until the end of the world. Amen."

This pretty much is, like, the ultimate commandment from God. Once you know and understand for yourself, GO TELL PEOPLE!! Because Christ wants to meet with you AND them.

How blessed I am to have had the opportunity to share my testimony of the Savior for 18 months. And how blessed I am to have a testimony that I can still share, regardless of wearing that nametag, or not. There are sacred truths out there that need to be said, that need to be a daily part of our lives.

This is what I have been thinking about this Easter season. Do you know that Christ has risen from the tomb, that He lives for me and you? Do you know that He has broken the bonds of death, so that we can continue living the Father's plan of happiness for eternity, so we can have a fullness of joy? If you do know, I urge you to go and share it! And go quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment