Monday, February 22, 2016

Rule the World





I'll say this: for the vast majority of the time, I don't understand dance/choreography. And music videos usually are pretty wack. But I like the part of the music video where she jumps through the wall. I feel like it pretty accurately symbolizes everything about this song.

In case you guys haven't picked up on it, I love everything about the concept of chasing your dreams. That's why I have fallen in love with song (plus, it's by Walk off the Earth, and I'm pretty positive they're the most talented group of individuals ever to have been in a band).

Sometimes you get in funks. Sometimes you read chapters in textbooks that explain what applying for grad school entails, and you wonder if it really is worth it, because the application process sounds just as complicated as your current semester is in its 14 week entirety. Sometimes people don't see your dreams and goals as significant or worth it. They say no while you're trying to say go.

But, we should be trying to rule the world. I mean, not like Pinky and the Brain idea of ruling the world. But, rule your world. Break down those walls. Go, go, go. Chase your dreams. Push those limits and accomplish something incredible. Because we are meant to be incredible! We are meant to rule the world; don't let life get you down, don't let it spiral out of control. Take it by the horns, jump on it, and then feel that rush of living your life the way that YOU want, the way it's supposed to be lived.

"They say no way, oh, I say I'll rule the world!
Ain't afraid of those walls, Imma break 'em down."

"I say yeah, yeah, yeah, they say no, no, no,
They say slow, slow slow, I say go, go, go!"

If you have a dream, chase it. If you want to do something with your life, do it. If you want to have an adventure, go on one. If you want to change the world, change it!

Don't listen to people who tell you that you can't do something. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life. Just go and rule the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment