Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I'll Be Waiting



Yes, this is Walk Off the Earth, again. Get over it. They inspire me.

Yesterday was a rough day in my apartment. There was stress, disappointments, hormones, all the things. And then there was me, looking at it all, thinking about how relatively easy my life has been lately. I mean, it's definitely not without trials. But it was one of those moments where I realized that I didn't have anything to complain about it, and I just wanted to reach out and help lift the burdens of my friends.

Sometimes when we are on out path of Becoming, we come across people meant to help us reach further and beyond what we might be able to do without them. But, sometimes it might appear that we are going at different paces, and we might have to slow down - or even stop.

This might seem counterproductive, but in reality, if we are so focused on ourselves and our own progress, causing us to fail to see those around us, maybe when they are in need or struggling, we cannot progress. We might be moving, but not upward. Instead, we get stuck. Thus, it is sometimes necessary to slow down and stop - or, wait.

I think Christ is the perfect example of that. If He ever saw someone in need, He would stop and help them. I don't think there ever would have been a moment when He was trying to get somewhere and someone cried out, "Lord!" that He would have been like, "Oh, man, sorry dude, but I've gotta get to my next thing. Next time, thought, I'll for sure stop and help." No. In fact, When no one cried out, He still would recognize a need and stop what He was doing to meet those needs. The woman with the issue of blood; she had touched His clothes and was healed. Yet, He stopped in the middle of a crowd, turned around, went to her and let her know that she was healed because of her faith. He didn't have to do that! She was already healed! But I bet she needed those kind, encouraging words. She needed Him to stop.

I learned that principle on my mission. Sometimes I'd be on my way to an appointment, but then my companion and I would stop and talk with someone - because that was what was necessary. It made us late for the appointment, but we slowed down and stopped. Sometimes, a companion was having a rough time. All I would want to do is just plug along, work super hard, just drag her with me. What I would need to do at that time, though, is slow down. Sure, maybe it wouldn't let me progress or participate in God's work in the way that I wanted, but by stopping and giving some  TLC, I still was on my way to Becoming.

Sometimes life gets really hard for others. We must always be willing to slow down and stop, and then wait with that person. Think of your friends. Wouldn't you wait for them? I'm not talking about waiting on essential things for your salvation. You don't want to wait to do things that are required of you. But, don't be in such a rush that you miss the needs of the ones you love.

Be that friend that will wait.

"I'll be waiting here for you, till the sun comes up and the stars fall, I'll be waiting here for you!"

You're life will be hard, sometimes. It can get discouraging, confusing, stressful, overwhelming. But, there are people waiting for you, too. So, listen to the words of Gianni: Never let them see you break in the middle, let your heart get to little, or get lost in riddle." Because there will be someone waiting for you.

And, to my peeps, you know I'll be waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment