Thursday, June 2, 2016

To my friends



I've started multiple posts lately, but I just haven't gotten around to finishing them. The idea of this post, though, was birthed while I was at work prepping for a phone call. I had just talked to a student about her classes this semester. She's been struggling, and she was just really discouraged. Because of the nature of my job, I had the opportunity to bear my testimony and encourage her to get through it. I just gave her the gentle reminder that she would get through it, and it would be worth it. Then, while I was prepping, this song came on my Pandora station. Alright, by Walk Off the Earth (no, I'm not even sorry.) Thinking about this student - and then other students I talked to today who were having trouble making decisions or who were discouraged - made me want to share a message that reminds people that it's alright. Things will be alright.

It's not just Pathway students that I've been talking to that I feel like are in need of this message. I have friends who are discouraged, stressed, who are making tough decisions, whose lives aren't going the way they anticipated. All I want to do is scoop these people up and with as much warmth and kindness as I can muster, tell them that it's going to be alright.

Sometimes in the moment, that's not what one wants to hear. In the moment, you want to feel and you want someone else to feel, as well. But, once you have that moment of feeling and acknowledging the hardship you are experiencing, it is important to remember and hold onto the idea that you're going to be alright. Yes, you may still feel discouraged or overwhelmed while holding fast to that knowledge. But, if you hold fast, that will turn into hope, which will turn into faith, which will turn into miracles.

Don't forget to look forward. Don't forget to chase your dreams. Don't forget to remember your divine nature and divine power. Don't forget that you have the power to change the world, so the adversary is going to oppose you in any way he can, because he doesn't want to yo wield your great power and influence on the world.

So, to you who is feeling a little discouraged...did you know that you're alright? You're burning bright. To you who is having trouble making a decision, did you know that you're alright? Just chase your dreams and move forward. To you whose life feels like it's spinning out of control, did you know that you're alright? Don't regret what happened, instead use that experience to help you be strengthened and to help you strengthen others.

Just remember that you're alright, now. And if you don't feel that, you'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment