Wednesday, March 2, 2016

My testimony of a book

My very first post on this blog was about how I wanted to write about becoming. Part of the purpose of this life is to become and reach our fullest potential. I, obviously, am still on that path. I feel like my blog has lost a little bit of that focus. Not completely, but I want to bring it back a little bit.

So, I want to tell you a little bit about a book that has helped me a lot in my process of becoming. Many of you, I'm sure, are familiar with it. It's called The Book of Mormon.

I love the Book of Mormon - well, I love just all the scriptures in general. My love for the Book of Mormon stems from what it teaches me about my Savior. The Bibles teaches a lot about Christ's life, especially the New Testament. The Old Testament is full of prophecies and types of Christ, to teach us about Him. But, then there is the Book of Mormon which also teaches me about His character. By reading this wonderful book, I have come to understand the nature of Him, and how I can come closer to that nature.

The Book of Mormon has also helped me feel joy when not much else could. It has been the tool for revelation. It has taught me how to be a better person. It has invited the Spirit into my life. It has brought me comfort.

The Book of Mormon has helped me to become something more. I read about people like Ammon, and Alma who changed so much, because they learned about the Savior, and then spent the rest of their lives trying to help people experience the same thing. I read about Nephi who had courage and was obedient. I read about Captain Moroni, who diligently defended what he thought was right and always counseled with the Lord. These people made me want to be more and taught me how.

This video shows a little bit more about the Book of Mormon, and the power it can have:




Those of you reading this post who have read the Book of Mormon before, what has the Book of Mormon done for you? (this is something I've been wanting to try out. I'm going to try to start asking questions in my posts. I'm grateful for people who take the time to read them, so I want to hear your thoughts as well. Please leave a comment)

Also, please, if you have felt the spirit, or maybe know of people who could benefit from this, share this post. I'm not in it to get more viewers. I'm just hoping my words can make a difference. At the very least, I invite you to find someone - anyone, a roommate, a sibling, a friend - to share your testimony of the Book of Mormon with. You never know who might need uplifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment