Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Father of lies

Today in Sunday School, we were talking about the illusions that Satan feeds us when I was reminded of a song I was introduced to while I was on my mission. The song is from the perspective of Satan and he sings the lies he tries so hard to convince us of.



I love pretty much every aspect and lyric of this song, but my favorite is the chorus. The chorus is, "But I won't tell you about the God in Heaven who loves you, who yearns for you. And I won't tell you about the freedom of forgiveness and truth. Why would I tell you the truth?"

Our entire lives, the adversary is working so hard to lull us into a false sense of security. He's trying to get us to be complacent, to become hardened, to become oblivious. All of these things for the purpose of forgetting one thing: that God is our loving Heavenly Father who wants us to return to live with Him again.

Heavenly Father is invested in our lives. Satan doesn't want us to know that. Heavenly Father sent Jesus Christ to save us, to forgive us, and to enable us. Satan does want us to believe that. Heavenly Father intends for us to become like Him; that is our fullest potential. Satan wants us to believe that is blasphemy.

One of my favorite scriptures in existence is Romans 8:16-17:
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirits, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ; if it so be that we suffer with him that we might be also glorified together.

The reason why I love this scripture so much is because, one, it tells us who we are and what we can become: We are children of God, and we are meant to inherit all that He has. We are His heirs. 

I also love it because it tells us the nature of God and the rest of the Godhead. God is our father. He sends the Spirit to teach us of the love He has for us and who we are. Christ makes it possible for us to reach that potential we have within us. These are the things Satan doesn't want us to know!

You are a fantastic human  being. Yes, you, who is reading this. Because you are of royal birth. Don't let the lies of the adversary tell you anything different!

No comments:

Post a Comment