Thursday, November 13, 2014

#TBT March 2, 2013

This morning I was able to go to the temple. Man, you guys, I seriously love it there. As I was there, my mind went back to when I was able to go through the temple for the first time. I remember some of the distinct feelings that I had.

 I was a little bit overwhelmed. It was all so new, yet...it wasn't.

I was in awe. In awe of the beauty, in awe of the covenants I was making, in awe of the feeling I had.

I was pumped. I felt like I could take on the world. Like I could overcome anything Satan had to throw at me.

I felt peace. I felt love. I felt happiness.

My friends, the temple is such a special place. Today while I was there, the spirit was able to teach me and remind me of several important things. One of them was the emphasis of why we are here. We are truly here to become like our Heavenly Father. We are here to learn and to grow - and to have JOY. If you're not happy, you're doing something wrong - it's not that your life sucks, it's that YOU are doing something wrong. Now, of course, there are things like depression and whatnot...put chemical imbalances of the brain aside, if you feel like your life sucks or that you're not as happy as you should be...there is something more that you can be doing. That may not mean working more or changing something big in your life. It may be something like being more grateful. Expressing your love for people more often. Being a little bit kinder. Reading your scriptures a little bit more often or maybe a little bit longer. Listening to good music. Super simple things. These things can bring joy.

Anyways, I just wanted to take the time to say that the temple is the place to be. Within those sacred walls, we make covenants that teach us how to become more than we are now. Within those sacred walls, we tie ourselves to our families - for families are meant to be eternal. Within those sacred walls, we tie ourselves to our Heavenly Father. Everything about this Gospel, about our lives, about the Plan of Salvation so lovingly created for us, is focused on the temple. Because everything about the temple is focused on Jesus Christ and what He did for us.

There is an ultimate peace found within - and a wonderful peace found simply on the grounds. I invite all to go. If you need a little bit more peace in your life, if you can't enter into that sacred building, then at least walk on the grounds. That is open for everyone; it is meant for those seeking peace and comfort in their lives.

I love the temple so much! It's the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment